This Article was Updated on July 21st, 2021
The East End of Long Island offers endless options for activities, attractions, tastings, dining, shopping and lodging. A visit to the North Fork, the Hamptons or Riverhead brings with it choices for all of your varied preferences. Whether you are seeking R&R, adventure or a combination of both, you will find it here.
As many do, we are thinking about what we want to be sure to do in the New Year. With that, we would like to make some suggestions for your New Year’s Bucket List. Below are 20 things we think you should try on the East End. (if you haven’t already).
- Spend a day at Splish Splash.
- Take the family to the Long Island Aquarium.
- Stay at a hotel/resort with a spa and catch up on some you time.
- Go camping.
- Stay a few days at a Bed & Breakfast.
- Go to a farmer’s market.
- Plan a wine tasting/touring day on the North Fork.
- Go wine tasting in the Hamptons.
- Try out some of the renowned craft beers on the East End.
- Attend a foodie event.
- Visit a dairy farm.
- Go to Briermere Farms and pick more than one pie.
- In season, eat only local vegetables with each dinner.
- Visit a museum.
- Go on a gallery walk.
- Take a boat tour to Bug Light with East End Seaport Museum.
- Rent a canoe, kayak or stand-up paddle board.
- Build a sand castle at the ocean beach.
- Watch the sunset on the Long Island Sound.
- Make a reservation for date night at a restaurant you have been meaning to try.
Make this your year. Explore more about each of the above on our website.